What to eat before, during, and after exercise.
We all know that what you eat is important. But what about when you eat? Especially if you’re active?
By eating a healthy, well-considered meal 1-2 hours before exercise, and another healthy, well-considered meal within 45 minutes- 1 hour after exercise, most people can meet their workout nutrition needs without anything else. In other words…If you’re a healthy person who exercises regularly, you probably don’t need special workout nutrition strategies. Athletes, on the other hand, have special needs.
Average people: Focus on food quality & quantity
- If you’re exercising for general health and fitness
- If your goals are more modest; and/or
- You don’t have unique physiological needs…
…then you probably don’t need any particular workout nutrition strategies.
- Eliminating nutrient deficiencies
- Ensuring your portions are the right size
- Start eating right for your body type.